The Great Australian Beer SpecTAPular (GABS 2017) is back for their 6th year! From May 19 – 21, Australia and New Zealand’s most exciting breweries are crafting never before seen beers and ciders. Think beer versions of Melbourne’s unofficial state cocktail and flavours inspired by our favourite takeaway dishes.
Held at the historic Royal Exhibition Building, expect an afternoon of small batch craft beers (once it’s sold out, it’s gone for the session!) and mouthwatering bites from Melbourne’s most popular eateries.
With over 180 special ‘Festival Beers and Ciders’, we’ve rounded up our top ten must-tries. So grab a tasting paddle and drink up!
1. Little Ravens Mango Lassi IPA – 3 Ravens Brewery
2. Espresso Martini Kolsch – Blackman’s Brewery
3. Pic’s Peanut Butter Jelly Porter – McCashin’s Brewery
4. Life Is Like A Box of Chocolates – All Inn Brewing Co.
5. Green Curry & Rice Saison – Morrison Brewery
6. Who Poured the Porter in the Cookie Jar – Pact Beer Co.*
7. Flapjack Yak Maple Ale – Yak Ales
8. Pandapoppinfairyturkiskfloss – HopDog BeerWorks
9. Jedi Juice – Hop Nation Brewers Guild
10. Irish Coffee Carbomb – Tallboy and Moose*
*They made the top picks for GABS co-founders, Steve Jeffares and Guy Greenstone too!
Pair your drink of choice with one of Mr. Miyagi’s highly sought after salmon nori tacos or black pig gyozas. Paco Y Lola is also serving up the most Instaworthy crispy pork belly carnita tacos and tempura zucchini tacos.
Looking for something more substantial? Huxtaburger has got all your burger needs covered (One southern fried chicken burger please!) and Meatmother is smoking up a killer BBQ feast.
Tickets are limited and there are only five sessions, so get in quick! Plus, all tickets come with a FREE Coopers x GABS Festival glass.
WHAT: Great Australian Beer SpecTAPular (GABS 2017)
WHERE: Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton
WHEN: May 19 – 21, 2017
HOW MUCH: from $40
MORE EVENT INFO: https://www.gabsfestival.com/melbourne-event-info/
Nadine is a freelance writer and PR girl. In her spare time, you’ll typically catch her reading a good book, hitting up Melbourne’s coolest restaurants and bars, or finding her next adrenaline rush. She also can’t say no to a good scoop of gelato or pizza slice. See what else she gets up to on her Instagram.